Sunday, April 4, 2010

I got Mad Hops, Yo…..

I’m not talking about my awesome white men can’t jump basketball skills, I’m talking about my two orders of Hop Rhizomes showing up. I was originally only going to order 5 rhizomes, but I ended up ordering 10, 5 of two varieties. So here they are and this is what they look like when they arrive.

DSC01166

DSC01167

Those are my Sterling Hops, which I have never tried before but they seem pretty adaptable to the northeast’s climate, so I figured I would give them a shot.

Then there are the Cascade Hops:

DSC01168

DSC01169

Its a little hard to see, but in the second picture there are a ton of white sprouts already starting to shoot up, so I’m going to have to get them in the ground pretty quick.

So now I just have to figure out how I am going to trellis them up. I have a good idea that I think will work, but we’ll see how that pans out. I’ll keep you updated as I start the install, but until then keep ‘em tippin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...