Friday, July 9, 2010

All bottled up !!

So finally I bit the bullet and bottled up my hot pepper beer. I had been putting it off for longer than I wanted to, just because it has been so damn hot as of late. Plus working with hot water for sanitizing when its already over 90 outside is just not pleasant. But luckily for me a nice set of thunderstorms swept through this afternoon and cooled everything off, so I took advantage of the slightly cooler weather and got cracking.

I pulled out the carboy and placed it on counter to transfer it to the bottling bucket, and this is what the bad boy looked like:

SANY0496 SANY0497

Just look how thick that sediment layer is, and I still have peppers floating awesome. So I transferred the beer to the bottling bucket and started bottling it. Once I had it in the bottles, it was time to add the final touch.

SANY0498  Yep, the finishing touch is a big ol' kiss from Don Enrique. I took one of those lovely red ladies and dropped it into each bottle before capping it. So now the beer can age and soak up more heat from Don Enrique's little friends.

Now with my clutch of beautiful brown 22.5 fluid ounce bottles filled and capped, I can relax for a week or tow before its ready to taste. So lets wait together, who knows I may have my beer tasting party yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...