Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Buffalo Bill's Brewery - Orange Blossom Cream Ale Review

So I have been saying for awhile that I need to do a beer review of my hot chili beer, but every time I open the fridge it just looks to damn angry to taste.

SANY0597

Just look at it, it kicked down the Ginger Ale and forced the milk up against the wall. Its just mean, so I decided to rifle through the fridge and came up with this.

SANY0600

Buffalo Bill's Brewery: Orange Blossom Cream Ale.

Now normally, I'm not a big fan of beers that incorporate fruit into them. I will occasionally squeeze a lime in a Corona or a Dos Equis, but most of the time I even drink those beer without lime. But I figured what the hell, by looking at the label, it didn't look nearly as angry as my hot chili beer and it was all I had.

Appearance: Brilliantly clear, golden in color. Produced a nice foamy white head that took its time to dissipate.

Aroma: It definitely lives up to its name, it is immediately flowery and citrusy, then overpowering with oranges.

Taste: At first taste, it only slightly tastes like an ale before it is overpowered by the cloying sweetness of oranges. It has a thicker, creamy mouth feel that is true to style of a cream ale. The more I drank the more it became sickeningly sweet.

Overall: I really didn't care for this beer, it was just way too sweet and way to "orangey" for me. But I don't care for fruity beer, but hey if you would like a creamscicle dipped in beer, this could be a good choice for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...