Friday, December 17, 2010

A Beery Merry Christmas!

I normally brew up a dark beer or two for the colder months. Normally they are higher alcohol and they just seem to go better on a cold night in front of the fire. About a year ago I gave a couple of bottles of Porter to a co worker for her husband and her brother to try. I was honing in my Porter recipe and I wanted opinions from people that drank dark beer. It turned out that they both loved it and I was a very happy camper.

Well, this year she asked me if I had any Porter again and she would pay me for some. She said that her husband and brother have everything they needed for Christmas and there was nothing that they really wanted, so she wanted to get them something they would enjoy. Lucky for her I did have my Porter and it was just finishing up and ready to be bottled, so I told her that I would help and I didn’t want any money. I was just happy that someone thought that much of my beer that they would give it as a gift.

Being the holiday season I was in a giving mood, so I figured I would dress up the bottles with a simple label. A simple label for a quality beer, so I  came up with these.

SANY0750

Her husband plays banjo in an old timey folk band, so I just did a quick label of a banjo and named it “Ol’ Naps Sittin’ & Pickin’ Porter”, then her brother is into wood working so the mallet and chisel just fit and “Ol’ Naps Wood Worker’s Porter” made the label.

Now I know that they aren’t fantastic but I thought it was a nice touch to a simple gift. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...