Sunday, January 17, 2010

La Goudale Beer Review

It has been a stressful few weeks for me. The winery I work at is being consolidated with another winery and before the merger there were going to be 4 winemakers and 2 assistant winemaker, which would of included me. Although there is a ton of work it is hard for the company to jusitfy paying the salaries of that many winemakers and needed to cut one position. So obviously with me being an assistant winemaker I was pretty nervous and it has been a nerve racking couple of months. But luckliy one of the winemakers opted for early retirement and my position was safe.

So with that stress relieved I decided to reward myself with a good beer to unwind and toast my good fortune with, which brings me to La Goudale:



It is a Blonde Ale from France and I found it at Wegman's for $9.99 for the 750 ml. I liked the artwork on the label with the hop flowers and the interesting font. I couldn't tell you what the label said as most of it was in French, all I could make out was the type of beer it was.



It poured real nice and had rich amber color. I was a little surprised by the color, I thought it was a little dark for a blonde, but what the hell it could have been a dirty blonde. At least I couldn't see her roots, that's all I'm saying, but anyway. It had nice aroma, I picked out a slight citrus aroma, maybe lime peel and I also got a green aroma, almost like wet hops, but overall it was very appealing.



Just a shot of the head, it was very full and rocky and tended to stay for a long while, it didn't just shrink away into the night. Very nice! After admiring the head, because I love head that has staying power lol I took my first sip. It was very true to the style, it was light on the palate but had a creamy almost velvety mouthfeel. It had tastes of honey and some light hints of malt. It was well balanced and was a very well rounded combination of malt and hops.




Overall, this was a great beer and worth the money. As you can tell from the above picture none of it went to waste, and it was good to the last drop. I would recommend it to anyone and if you do grab a bottle, feel free to let me know what you think about it. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. 6 days left?! You know, if you just doubled the amount of yeast if would be done in half the time. Or tripled...a third of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then it would have exploded all over the place from too much co2 pressure. Then I would have no beers, see I knew what I was thinking for once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be one of the funniest posts about beer that I've ever read. Ha ha ha!

    Oh, it sounds good too - I'm gonna try that if I ever get outta here~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...