Friday, September 3, 2010

Preparing for changing seasons.

So I know summer is drawing to an end and with that comes fall. Apple picking, sweat shirts, falling leaves, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving and pumpkins. Based on that I figured I would brew a beer for the season, and what goes better than a Pumpkin Ale. Liquid pumpkin pie in a bottle, the perfect compliment to any fall gathering, right?

It was originally a toss up between Pumpkin Ale for the holidays or a Coconut Porter to warm me up through the cold fall/winter nights. I wanted to do the Coconut Porter but there are some issues to be worked out with the porter. Apparently the oils in coconut, mess with the carbonation and you get a beer with no head, unacceptable, everyone loves a little head, lol. So until I get the kinks worked out Pumpkin Ale is the winner, I will still eventually brew the  porter.

So I ordered all of my supplies and am patiently waiting for the their arrival, so I can start brewing. Then I have to find a farm stand with pumpkins out this early for the final touches. Then with all of my supplies together, the magic can happen and hopefully a glorious beer will be born. But until then I'll have to settle for whatever Pumpkin Ale I can find at Wegmans.

Well, off to find that 6 pack! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...