Saturday, February 11, 2012

Brewing Again………Finally

Well, it has been forever since I last brewed anything. The last thing I brewed was a cream ale that was a Christmas present for L Bird’s uncle. I haven’t heard much back about it, but I’m sure it will get drank. But in the meantime, I’ve had a couple of people ask me if I had any beer ready or to let them know when it was read because they would like to take some to a weekly gathering.

So because tax time has arrived and I have a little more scratch thanks to my refund, I decided I would jump back into brewing. I ordered ingredients for two beers. I decided I would brew one long term beer and one quick to bottle beer. So I am brewing Ol’ Naps Maibock again, because it was such a hit. A lot of people said it has been my best beer. It was quite delicious but required extreme patience as it lagers for 8 weeks in the cellar. I will brew that first and getting going because it takes so long. Then once that has a couple of days of headstart, I will brew my standard Porter.

Hopefully by this plan, I will have Porter ready by mid-march and the Maibock should be ready by my birthday and in time for summer. Hopefully my Fed-Ex package of ingredient goodness will arrive this morning and I’ll be brewing by tonight.

Stay posted for brewing updates, but until then keep ‘em tippin’

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...