Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bottling Up Some Christmas Cheer…

Last night I had to get down to bottling the Cream Ale I brewed as a Christmas gift for someone. It had been fermenting for two weeks and had finally dropped all of the yeast and settled nicely.

I’m not sure how clearly you can see it in the video, but the beer was brilliantly clear and had a nice layer of sediment finely packed on the bottom of the carboy. I racked it to the bottling bucket, added some priming sugar to let the yeast finish up its fermentation in the bottle and nicely carbonate the beer, and then I got to bottling with help from my trusty capper elf A Bird.

This beer smelled so good while I was bottling it, that I’m going to brew a batch for myself now. Until then keep ‘em tippin’!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...