Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lame

So it appears that I am super lame or well at least my blog is. Now I know that beer isn't for everyone, but I figured someone would suggest something, but its been two weeks and nothing, zip, zilch, nada. Well, that's fine, maybe its not me. Yeah that's right, piss on you, maybe its because you're lame. That's right, I said it, you're lame. OK, OK you're not lame, you just have a life where it appears that I do not. So anyway, I guess I'll have to get creative on my own, which can be dangerous. Now, I'm not the most creative of guys, when it comes to anything that uses the right side of my brain (the artistic/creative side) I'm lost. Case in point, right now I'm trying to think of something witty to say about something creative and I got nothing. My wife will pick out hundreds and I really mean hundreds of paint swatches (she really likes to paint rooms over and over) to paint a room, she can hold up a swatch to the wall and see how the room will look painted that color. Me, I look at it and see a purple blot on a cream wall, I have no idea of how the room will look until the room is completely painted. However, with that being said there are two things that I am good/creative with: wood working, I know how to work with some wood lol, just ask any woman I know but I digress, and beer.

So left to my own devices, I decided I would try to combine a few of the more interesting ingredients from previous beers and create an ultra, uber, awesome, delicious frothy creation that anyone who tasted it would  be saying to themselves "That Naps is a wily ol' bastard, but damn that's a great beer.". So half of me wants to keep my plan a secret, because things are always better the first time if you don't know what is in it, but the other half of me wants to just come out with it and tell you, because I'm going to blog about the brewing of this beer anyway and just bank on the fact that by the time I have a party, if I have a party all of you will have forgotten about it by then.

So I guess I'll just come out with it, my "secret" ingredients are oak, liquid smoke, and chili peppers. My last hot pepper beer was good, but the hot peppers were a little overpowering. You could drink one and be sweating from the heat. What I am shooting for with this beer is a little tamer on the heat, but more rounded with some smokiness and oak. So it is not super exciting, I know but all in all I think it will be a good beer. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. So I like to paint. there are worse thigs I could be doing :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...