Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where’s there is smoke, there’s fire!!

So my hot chili beer has been happily fermenting for 4 days and I decided it was time to transfer it to the secondary fermenter. I decided to transfer it because I was following my first recipe, but also because I wanted to add a second dose of hot peppers and oak.

DSC01241

That was my second addition, two jalapenos, one habanero, and two ounces of american oak chips. So I washed the peppers and steamed the oak. Then I rough cut the peppers and added everything to the fermenter.

DSC01243

This picture is, uh, well, uh, I’m trying to think of something clever to say about looking directly down into the carboy. Right down the pipe, no right down the chute, no then all I think of is poop chute and I don’t want that image associated with this beer. Well, maybe staring into the mouth of madness, well anyway you get the idea.

So with the peppers and oak added all that was left was the add the fermenting beer.

DSC01244

Aaaaaaah, now isn’t that the prettiest thing you have ever seen. I think it is. So now it goes back into a cool, dark place, a.k.a the closet, to finish fermenting.

So the waiting continues, but its getting exciting, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...