Saturday, March 27, 2010

Busy, busy, busy…..

So I haven’t posted in a while because I have been working on a few other projects, none of which involve beer or brewing to my displeasure, but anyways.

One of the projects I have been working on is building a chicken coop, yes I said a chicken coop. I am getting chickens. 5 hens to be exact. I know many people think that I am crazy, my wife included but having chickens for eggs is something I have always wanted to do. I had a couple of choices to get chicks, I had a friend offer to hatch me up a few or I could go to Tractor Supply and buy what I wanted. I liked the idea of having some hatched for me, but I didn’t want to risk getting a rooster for a few reasons. First, if I did get a rooster, I couldn’t do him in and make him a roaster or stew, I just don’t think I have it in me. Second, because of the first reason I would have to find a home for him and while that was going on I’m sure my neighbors would be more than pleased. Those same two reasons kept me from buying at Tractor Supply too, because they don’t guarantee the sex of the chicks. So with that in mind I found a hatchery that would send small orders for reasonably priced, so I ordered 5 day old chicks and they should be here the first week in April. So I have been building a decent size hen house and coop on the cheap. So the only thing that has to do with beer is the few I have drank after busting my hump on building the coop.

My other project has been finishing my class for work. Two and a half years ago my boss suggested that it would be a good idea for me to take a course through UC Davis to help my career. So the course he wanted me to take was part of a 5 course certificate program so I signed for that with his blessings. So each course was 10 weeks long and was a considerable amount of reading papers, writing papers, quizzes, mid-terms, and finals. But now 2 and 1/2 years later I just finished my last class and turned in my final last week. So once I get my final grade, I can receive my certificate and maybe use it to get where I want to go with my career.

So both of those things have been taking up a large part of my time. However I still managed to order some ingredients for another beer, and half of my hops order showed up. So I will be posting soon about these two things. So until then keep those taps pouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...