Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sweet, Sweet Redemption

So last night, I was moving some wood into the house for one of the last few fires of the season and I came across my cases of Bock that I had made. I had put them in an out of the way, warm place and covered them with a blanket so they wouldn’t get lightstruck (a.k.a skunky) and in doing so completely forgot about them. It was like Christmas morning, I put the wood down and pulled back the blanket and there they were in all of their glory. Shiny in their brown bottles, and most likely still flat, but I figured what the hell and pulled out a bottle and put it in the freezer to chill it down.

I finished what I was working on, got Ava all settled for bed and Lauren and I got settled on the couch to watch some TV. It was the perfect time for a beer. So I pulled out a pint glass, pulled the beer out of the fridge and popped the top. To my pleasant surprise there was a definite psssssssssssst. Huh, maybe the beer had finally carbonated itself, I thought, but I wasn’t going to get my hopes up. Then I started to pour her out into the glass and it was beautiful, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

DSC01140

Look at all of that delicious off-white creamy head. There was actually a bit more of it, but I was so caught off guard that I had to run around and find the camera to take a picture of it and by then some of it had dissipated. But just look at it, there was so much carbonation you can see bubbles clinging to the inside of the glass. Yes, that’s a patch of bubbles not a dirty glass.

I feel so vindicated and redeemed by this beer. So it would seem that I just wasn’t patient enough and had thrown in the towel a little too early on this beer. Man, am I glad that I didn’t give all of this stuff away. Sweet, sweet redemption is mine.

Well, I just thought that I would give everyone a little update. Who knows maybe I’ll do a little youtube pour of the beer to show everyone how glorious it really is. But until then I’ll let you go, I have to pull another two bottles out of the freezer to make sure it wasn’t a fluke, and because I’m thirsty, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...